A Fintech Cybersecurity Application for Smarter DevSecOps Application Security Management
#UX/UI design #cybersecurity #fintech #figma #web #mobilefirst
Role: Lead Designer
The SD* platform was developed to optimise and automate application security scanning and development. Aimed at high-value fintech corporate clients speed and ease of use was key for all defined user groups. The challenge was developing a UX/UI that addressed the varied range of user groups from DevOps, Security Teams and Developers through to high-level board and director stakeholders.
The core component to the solution was the focus on data visualisation and the diversity and ease of wayfinding to key metrics that each user group demanded. Optimising the UX/UI to allow for agile workflows and multi-signposting to KPIs.
The platform also offered a platform to build, test and analyse additional security measures before pushing them to live applications.
Working in collaboration with the client, my responsibilities encompassed:
- Interpreting Vision: I translated the client’s vision for the platform into actionable insights, ensuring a clear understanding of the project goals.
- User Research and Discovery: Conducted thorough user research and discovery to validate and refine the envisioned product, aligning it with user needs and industry best practices.
- UX Design and Development: Applied a strategic UX approach, incorporating best practice principles, to design and develop the product. This involved creating intuitive user interfaces and seamless user experiences.
- Visualisation of Key Screens and Use Cases: crafted visual representations of key screens and use cases, bridging the gap between conceptualization and tangible design elements.
Given the nature of my agency/contract role, a comprehensive assessment of the SD platform’s long-term outcomes wasn’t within the scope. However, the initial feedback from users and stakeholders was highly positive.
- Positive User Feedback: Users expressed satisfaction with the platform, highlighting the ease of use and improved user experience.
- Predicted Improvements: Anticipated improvements included a substantial reduction in users’ time to task completion and enhanced accuracy in security scanning setup and implementation.